We’re almost 6 months into COVID-19…
How is your business doing?
Sensia’s employee healthcare position is that every employer and employee will need to remain diligent and prepared to deal with COVID-19 throughout the remainder of 2020 and into the start of 2021. Until a vaccine or effective treatment is available, we all remain at risk. The COVID-19 situation remains very fluid. Advice from medical professionals and politicians continues to change. Regardless, Sensia’s employee healthcare position is that every reasonable effort needs to be made to keep COVID-19 out of the worksite and to protect everyone at risk.
In so doing, Sensia will continue to encourage the following:
- Advise any employee who is sick to not come into work.
- Screen all employees for COVID-19 symptoms, exposure, and travel of concern.
- Conduct temperature checks using a touchless thermometer or thermal scanner.
- Promote the use of facemasks when at work (if possible) and in a public setting.
- Practice social distancing at all times.
Resources to employers:
- Place posters that encourage staying home when sick, cough and sneeze etiquette, and hand hygiene at the entrance to your workplace and in other workplace areas where they are likely to be seen. The Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) has posters available to help reinforce proper habits to keep the transfer of COVID-19 to a minimum. Click here for more information.
- Visit the CDC’s coughing and sneezing etiquette and clean hands webpage for more information.
- The World Health Organization has many downloadable documents available for you to share with your employees regarding proper nutrition advice during the COVID-19 outbreak. Be sure to scroll down the list as there are many options to choose from.
Are you ready for flu season and COVID-19? The COVID-19 situation will become more complicated as the annual flu season returns. The flu and COVID-19 viruses cause similar symptoms (cough, fever, chills, body aches). Every attempt should be made to avoid infection with the flu during 2020-21. For that reason, the CDC is STRONGLY recommending that every American receive a flu shot. Flu vaccine supplies are expected to be limited.
Sensia has pre-ordered the flu vaccine for 2020 and is prepared to distribute to interested Clients. Please contact Patti Schaetz at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can help you this year. You can also visit our website at www.mysensia.com for additional information.