Careers with Sensia Wellness
Simply put, Sensia offers employers and employees an alternate healthcare delivery model which is convenient, affordable, and impactful.
Sensia is an independent healthcare company that provides comprehensive Occupational Health, Wellness, and Primary Care services to employers and their employees. The Sensia model involves setting up, staffing, and operating medical clinics at the place of employment. Employees can be evaluated and treated for many common medical conditions without having to leave work. Wellness activities are routinely provided and promoted. Sensia provides comprehensive Occupational Health services including physical examinations, drug testing, and the evaluation, treatment and management of work-related injuries as part of the onsite clinic.
Sensia Wellness is a leading provider of Occupational Health, Wellness and Primary Care services to businesses. Sensia provides on-site medical staffing services to employers throughout the Milwaukee area. We take a holistic approach to healthcare encompassed by a passion for education and early intervention. Our program is rapidly growing! Be part of the future of healthcare.
The nurse practitioner/physician assistant position encompasses providing Occupational Health, Wellness and Primary Care healthcare services to employees delivered in an on-site clinical setting. Sensia serves a growing number of area employers. The nurse practitioner/physician assistant position accommodates full or part time medical staffing at several different locations. The nurse practitioner/physician assistant position does NOT require weekends, a pager, call or holiday work. The nurse practitioner/physician assistant should be an advocate of wellness and empathetic in their approach to patient care.
Sensia seeks to employ self motivated individuals with a passion to excel. We create a positive work environment where everyone’s contributions are appreciated and recognized. The nurse practitioner/physician assistant position is particularly suited for a medical provider who is seeking a change from traditional healthcare. The future of healthcare needs to focus on wellness and prevention. We invite you to join our team!
Essential Duties and/or Responsibilities for Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant Position:
- Analyze and interpret patients’ histories, symptoms, physical findings, or diagnostic information to develop appropriate diagnoses.
- Develop treatment plans based on scientific rationale, standards of care, and professional practice guidelines.
- Diagnose or treat acute health care problems such as illnesses, infections, and injuries.
- Prescribe medications based on efficacy, safety, and cost as legally authorized.
- Recommend interventions to modify behavior associated with health risks.
- Educate patients about self-management of acute or chronic illnesses, tailoring instructions to patients’ individual circumstances.
- Diagnose or treat chronic health care problems such as high blood pressure and diabetes.
- Maintain complete and detailed records of patients’ health care plans and prognoses utilizing the available EMR.
- Provide patients with information needed to promote health, reduce risk factors, or prevent disease or disability.
- Consult with or refer patients to appropriate specialists when conditions exceed the scope of practice or expertise.
- Schedule follow-up visits to monitor patients or evaluate health or illness care.
- Maintain departmental policies and procedures in areas such as safety and infection control.
- Provide patients or caregivers with assistance in locating health care resources.
- Interact with the employer in implementing general wellness initiatives.
The applicant should have at least 3 years experience in general medicine, family practice or a similar background. The nurse practitioner/physician assistant position has a focus on wellness, prevention and early intervention. The applicant should be a self starter with the ability to work in an on-site clinic setting. MD supervision is provided. The nurse practitioner/physician assistant applicant should be comfortable with technology and social media.
179 N. Broadway
Milwaukee, WI 53202