It’s almost November and the holidays will soon be upon us. The holidays as we once knew them may be quite different this year due to the pandemic. There may be added stress brought upon us by numerous other things, including:
- Doing too much
- Eating, drinking and spending too much
- Too much togetherness
- Not enough togetherness
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Social distancing
But don’t despair! The good news is we do have control over some of these things – we know there is a beginning and an end to the holiday season, so here are some tips to help reduce stress so we can enjoy the holidays and also be a joy to be around:
- Set priorities – pick a few activities you like and really take time to enjoy them
- Take shortcuts – do you have to do all the baking or can you go to a really good bakery?
- Be smart with holiday eating – you know your triggers – practice moderation and keep some healthy snacks
- Change your expectations for togetherness: for loneliness – invite a few friends over, for too much togetherness – limit the number of parties you attend or spend less time at them
- Set a schedule – start with the highest priorities and eliminate the less important ones
- Breathe – taking a few deep, cleansing breaths can reduce your level of negative stress in a matter of minutes
For more information and tips, click on this link from our friends at Verywell Mind
Think you know your Turkey Trivia?
10 steps to success to help you survive the holidays:
1. Be a sleep warrior – try to get at least 7 hours of sleep a night – you deserve it!
2. Keep active – try to get 30 minutes of activity a day
3. Don’t forget your fiber – try to east at least 25 gms of fiber a day
4. Enjoy your water – drink plenty of water. Take this quick quiz from Camelback to see how much you should be
5. Keep an eye on your alcohol. Limit for women – 1 drink a day, for men – 2 drinks a day
6. You are already sweet enough – limit sugar to 6 teaspoons a day
7. Love your teeth and gums – brush teeth at least twice a day and floss at least once a day
8. Self-care – keep connected with friends and family you love, take time to read a book, give yourself quiet time.
Wear a mask whenever possible and wash hands frequently.
9. Enjoy an oxygen cocktail – that’s right, venture outside. Take a deep break of fresh air – feel the cold air on your
skin, listen to the sound of nature and just enjoy that moment!
10. Take time to reflect on things that you are grateful – think back on your life and the things that brought you joy
or good feelings and feel free to share these memories with others!
Sensia offers a variety of wellness services including health risk assessments, educational presentations, and incentive programs to assist employees in learning more about how to manage their health and wellbeing. Please contact Patti Schaetz, President – Business Development at email@example.com or call us at 920-470-5133 to discuss how we can help you this year. You can also visit our website at www.mysensia.com for additional information and a list of our other services.